While having a so-called Caller ID is absolutely standard nowadays, there are some occasions where you wish to remain anonymous. Whether your purpose is nefarious (like pranking a friend) or legitimate, hiding your number is quite simple in both Android and iOS. Note: This guide will show you how to hide your Caller ID through your device’s settings. However, this does not really mean you are anonymous to your service provider. It also means that some devices will automatically reject your call. Proceed with care!
How to hide your Caller ID in Android
Note2: All the steps here are for Lollipop devices but it should be the same for KitKat as well. If you have any questions feel free to ask in the comments below.
1. Open the Phone app in your Android phone.
2. Tap on the three-dotted menu at the top right corner, right next to the search field.
3. Select Settings.
4. Open the Call settings menu.
5. Tap on Additional settings.
6. Tap on the Caller ID option.
7. Select the option that reads Hide number.
How to hide your Caller ID in iOS
1. Open the Settings app in your iPhone.
2. Open the Phone menu.
3. Tap on the Show My Caller ID option.
4. Turn the slide to the left in order to turn it off.